The death toll in Tuesday’s Mubi mosque suicide attack has risen to 50.
Adamawa Police Command revealed this to Journalists on Tuesday.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Othman Abubakar, who confirmed the development, said a young boy was responsible for the blast which occurred during the early morning prayer.
“We have 50 dead and we are now trying to get the exact number of those injured,” Abubakar said.
The attack happened in Dazala area of Mubi town in Adamawa on Tuesday around 5 a.m. when Muslims were observing the early morning prayer.
The Advocate had earlier confirmed the death of fifteen people, before this development.
The incident was the first in three years since the liberation of Mubi town from Boko Haram insurgents in 2014.