The Coordinator, Abuja Metropolitan Management Council (AMMC), says investigations will commence immediately on the collapsed Jabi building.
Shuaibu said this when he briefed journalists at the site of the collapsed building on Saturday in Abuja.
He noted that only six persons had been rescued with various degrees of injuries and had been rushed to a nearby hospital, with one death recorded so far.
The coordinator described the incidence as unfortunate and assured that adequate measures would be taken to prevent any future occurrence.
“This is an accident. What happened is an unfortunate incidence. We have this kind of building collapse occurrence all over the world, not only in Nigeria.
“We are going to start our investigations now; we are going to take adequate measures to prevent any future occurrence.
“We have passed the first phase, the next phase is evacuating these rubbles and we implore the general public not to be here.
“There are so many scavengers around, so we are going to instruct security agencies that anybody they catch around this area should be arrested,’’ he said.
He, however, noted that all the stakeholders worked overnight to ensure lives were saved and not a single soul was buried under the rubbles.
He commended stakeholders for their quick action to tackle the situation.