Borno Governor, Kashim Shettima, has revealed that 500 youths would be recruited into the Civilian Joint Task Force (JTF) in the state.
The governor made the disclosure, on Monday, during a condolence visit to the Emir of Biu, Umar Mustapha Aliyu, over the suicide bomb attack in the area last week.
Shettima said the 500 youths would work in Biu township. They are expected to assist other security agencies in the fight against insurgency.
“We are going to recruit 500 youths within the township as security volunteers to safeguard against insurgency attacks and these youths will be thoroughly screened by the Department of the State Services,” the governor said.
“Biu town has not experienced any attack in the last three years and now that the insurgents have tested and succeeded.”