Home News Police confirm death of four in Borno suicide bomb attack

Police confirm death of four in Borno suicide bomb attack

535
SHARE

The Borno state Police Command has confirmed the death that Four people have been killed and seven others injured in the latest Boko Haram attack in the restive town of Konduga in Borno.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Damian Chukwu, told reporters in Maiduguri that the jihadists detonated an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) at a village, known as Mashimari in the Konduga Local Government Area on May 27, killing the four people.

Chukwu said two of the dead were civilians. He, however, did not explain the identities of the other victims.

According to him, the bombers managed to sneak into Mashimari, a community near an Internally Displaced Persons Camp and detonated their IED.

He said the Police Explosive Ordinance Device Corps had been deployed to the area.

Konduga has seen countless bloody attacks by insurgents since insurgency hit Nigeria’s expansive northeast almost a decade ago.

On Feb. 17 this year, 22 people were killed in a bomb attack at a fish market in Konduga, one of the deadliest incidents in the recurring bloodbath in the town.